Friday, May 1, 2015


Which in class writing was your favorite? Why?

-        My Favorite class writing was the free write on the topic of fear. It was my favorite because the emotion and physical feeling of fear has played a relatively large role in my life, and has been a contributing factor, in some way, to some of the biggest events in my life.

Which in class writing was your least favorite? Why?

-        My least favorite writing was probably the collaborative children’s story when we had to arrange the story’s pages in the correct order, and then write the story as a group. I believe this was my least favorite because there was little room for creativity. Personally, I would have found it more enjoyable and challenging (though maybe less educational for this class) to give us the story, tell us to shuffle the pages at random, and write a new story based on the post-shuffle pages.

Review all of your writing chronologically (earliest to latest). List three interesting observations or changes in your writing. Which are the most profound (obvious and important)? Why?

-        I have noticed that as my writing in class progressed, I became better at writing from different points of view, being more descriptive, and making my writing flow. I think the most profound of these would be my ability to make my writing flow, because if I were good at every other part of writing, but not making it flow, I would lose the reader’s intrest.

If you could change anything about your writing this semester what would it be? Why?

-        If I could change anything about my writing, it would be how quickly I could do it. On almost every writing assignment we had, I had so much more that I wanted to say,  but not enough time to say it.

What did you like best about this course?

-        The thing I liked best about this course was the way that the instructor, Ms. Kelly Anthony, approached the task of teaching the course.

What did you like least about this course?

-        The thing I liked least about this course was probably the writing assignments. But that’s most likely because I’m a lazy student…

What would you have done differently this semester if you could have a do-over?

-        If I could do-over the semester I would like to do my Trait assignment differently. I used multiple traits that took up the same space for a description.

What did learn about yourself as a student, a thinker, a writer this semester?

-        I learned that I’m really good at putting information into a format fit for a PowerPoint presentation. And, I tend to focus on writing about emotions themselves as opposed to letting the descriptions to the emotion conveying. I also think more about what I can say or write to get specific audiences to make a connection with what I say or write.

What could I, Ms. A., have done differently to improve the course?

-        I believe an improvement of this course would be a project that the entire class contributed to, using their own words then read it to the class on the board to demonstrate how different everyone’s writing is.

You begin this course with an engagement and participation score of an A.  Attendance, participation in activities and group work help you to maintain this grade.  Evaluate yourself and assign yourself a grade for the in class portion of this course.  Don’t forget the reasoning behind your self-assigned grade.

-        I would give myself an “A” (of course) because I have not been absent, I have participated beyond normal, and I have helped the people around me figure out what they’re supposed to be doing.

1 comment:

  1. Nathan - Nice reflection. Keep participating like crazy in class and you will continue to grow in wisdom. Have a nice summer. ~Ms. A.

    ReplyDelete